What’s in a Homepage? Top 10 Home Page Elements
When it comes to presenting your business online, developing your homepage is a bit like preparing for a blind date. Grooming your appearance, planning points of conversation for those awkward silences – it’s all making the right impression.
But when making (or redesigning) your website, what’s really important for prospective clients, and what can you leave out? Thanks to information from Hubspot, we at Network9 like to consult a handy 10-point checklist to help companies get that “second date” with online browsers.
According to Hubspot, here are the 10 elements that draw readers in most – and the percentage of people who like to see them featured.
10. Podcasts and audio features (40 percent)
9. News items (47 percent)
8. Videos and company presentations (57 percent)
7. Online business resources or whitepapers (60 percent)
6. Client lists (64 percent)
5. An About Us section (64 percent)
4. A great presentation style: strong web design and a smooth layout (69 percent)
3. Success stories or case studies (73 percent)
2. A written description of whom you serve – for example, “small- to medium-size businesses, particularly in the fashion industry” (78 percent)
1. A clear service description (87 percent)
Need a facelift for your website? Want to get more clients coming back for a return visit? We’d be happy to have a consultation with you to help your company create the right first impression – for the right viewers. It’s all about knowing what to share!